Saturday, June 6, 2009

Cairo, Egypt 9/29-10/6

Cairo was literally a last minute decision for us. It was never on our travel route. As soon as we accepted the fact that we weren't going to the Greek Islands we purchased our tickets bound for Africa. 15 hours later we were in Cairo. This was one of the most liveliest cities (especially at night) I've ever seen, partially due to the fact that we were there toward the end of Ramadan.


View from the plane, descending into Cairo.





View of The Nile River from our hotel balcony.

Falafel's - Perhaps one of the best I've had. We ate at this place about four times while we were there. The food was amazing, but what was more amazing was the cost. Cheap, cheap.

Stuffed grape leaves - Definitely the best I've had.



Egyptian bread / Egyptian kids

Pyramids at Giza - Never thought I'd be riding a camel through the Sahara Desert.

Sphinx

Khan el-Khalili Bazaar

Khan el-Khalili Bazaar

Here's a picture I got off of Yahoo after I heard of the bomb blast on February 22 that killed a teenager at the same Khan el-Khalili bazaar. How bazaar.